Sunday, July 10, 2011

In Matthew chapter 17 verses 20 and 21 we are told that we can speak to mountains and they will move if we have faith the size of a mustard seed.
 "Jesus replied: It is because you don't have enough faith! But I can promise you this. If you had faith no larger than a mustard seed, you could tell this mountain to move from here to there. And it would. Everything would be possible for you."
The first time I read this scripture I thought how can I move a mountain? Furthermore, why would I want to? I soon came to realize that these were not mountains like Everest and Pikes Peak, but, obstacles that keep me from the things God would have for me. Losing weight so that I would have the healthy life God intended for me is the mountain I am referring to at this point in my life! I have spoken to and moved many mountains in my past and I intend to speak to and move this one as well. The only thing I know about actual mountain climbing I have learned from my Pastor. What I know is that you don't just decide one day to climb a mountain and do it the next day. You need to prepare and have the right equipment. I also know that you don't climb a 14er on your first climb. You start small and move up. To me diet and exercise is like climbing a 14er. I need to prepare and I need the right equipment. If you tried to climb a 14er without first trying to climb something smaller and without the proper equipment how successful would you be? What are the chances that you might be injured? Well, I know the answer to both of those questions, not very successful, and highly likely! You know what's coming now right? Yep, I tried to climb that 14er with no preparation and shoddy equipment and I hurt my knee! Well what you are going to read next is me speaking to my mountain! I will move you, I will be successful, and I will not quit just because my knee is hurt. My personal trainer (Jesus) and me have regrouped and have a new plan! I will be using some new equipment that is tried and true and before you know it I will move from flat ground to hills to mountains to 14ers! I need to build up strength and get better range of motion to keep my self safe but I will take it one step at a time and I will be speaking to this mountain until it moves and move it will do! Well that's all for today.....Toodles..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment