Saturday, July 2, 2011

Talk about getting MOTIVATED!

Last night my hubby and I double-dated with my BFF and her hubby. We went to dinner, and then went to see the movie "Soul Surfer." Good movie! I have been following the Bethany Hamilton story so I was really excited to see the movie.  I have to tell you that Bethany is an amazing girl and she was determined from the very start to turn something awful into something good. She was adamant that she WOULD surf again. I could not believe her courage and determination, but her faith, I've been there and it got her through, and it got me through as well. Okay, now the motivated part. I watched this young girl who was attacked by a shark, lost 60% of her blood, nearly died, and now has to live with one arm persevere and learn to surf again. Not only did she learn to surf again she competed and turned pro! If she can do that I can persevere through sore knees and hip pain and lose the weight I need to lose. She stood on the scripture I can do all things through Him who strengthens me, and I too am standing on that scripture, and I will succeed! It never ceases to amaze me the things that God uses to get us to understand things we are struggling with. I bought new shoes and plan to embark on a new walking adventure starting tomorrow. Thanks for always being here Lord, thanks for showing me that my life is not stuck in neutral, it is in drive and I am moving! I love you Lord and I am happy that you are my navigator on this journey called life, thanks for always bringing me back when I take a detour, thank you for never giving up even when I do! Toodles.....

No comments:

Post a Comment