Saturday, July 23, 2011

Strength!

When You Need to be Strong
I look at the days ahead and wonder what they hold.
Don't we all?
And then these words make their way to my heart:
"Go in the strength you have...am I not sending you?"
Judges 6:14
We don't have to...
wait to overcome our weaknesses,
complete the ten point improvement plan,
figure everything out.
The strength we already have is all the strength we need.
Because we have a limitless God within us who loves us.
As is.
And He promises to stick by us.
All the way.
-Holley Gerth
It never ceases to amaze me that God always gives us everything we need to complete any task we are attempting (within His will of course). It also amazes me that He uses words, thoughts, friends, family, and even strangers to help you accomplish the feat. I was thinking about how I needed to be stronger mentally and physically to accomplish this weight loss goal that I have, and I was on Facebook and read the above quote on my BFF's wall. I know God is sending me on this journey to a healthier, slimmer me and the scripture says....go in the strength you have! The strength I have is all I need! What?! That seems so easy, why do I always make it so hard? I DO believe that God is with me on this journey, so why do I try to carry everything myself? I know that Jesus always carries us when we are too weak and weary to carry ourselves so why do I resist? Human nature, that's why! I need to remember that I do have my own will too and that God is a gentleman and will not push Himself into a situation He waits to be invited! I am going to remember that this week as I step up the exercise, I will be inviting Him into every second of my day, and I will rely on the strength that I have because He is with me. I will also be depending on that strength in my everyday life as it is about to get CRAZY! My daughter begins summer school on Monday so I will be loading and unloading 1 3 year old and 2 infants into the car twice a day to get her there and pick her up, she will only go half days so I will be doing it every 3 hours! While she is there I will be feeding, dressing and changing the kiddos, doing the housework, devotions, daily bible reading etc. I will be praying I don't forget to pick her up, and that I rely on the strength I already have because Jesus will be with me every step of the way! I am looking forward to this next leg of the journey and I know I can count on you all for prayer and earthly encouragement. Well that's all for now, will write again soon. Loving my life......Toodles.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes, God gives us what we need when we need it. Whether it's strength or wisdom or discernment or something else that we need at "that very moment". Thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete